Sunday, July 02, 2006

 

FLYING FOOTIE FEVER

FLYING FOOTIE FEVER

World Cup footie fever, tension mounting high,
But there are a few of us who beg the question “Why ?”
Does it really matter if England’s out or not ?
All I know is here in Spain, the weather’s far too hot
For me to sit behind a bar with eyes glued to a screen,
Mine are closing, head dropped down, a zombie in a dream.
Maybe menopausal ? Or something in me tea ?
I’m not sure, I’m dizzy and wish that I could see
Beyond the countries’ boundaries, beyond the dull TV,
To a place where all the world is winning, not just me.
Still, I s’pose it’s us or them, the strong ones or the weak,
I don’t say it’s always right to turn the other cheek.
Mine are covered in red bites, mosquitos having fun,
Playing at their own football upon me itchy bum !
They don’t need a penalty, they never miss a goal,
Whether it’s yer beauty spot or a hairy mole,
The gang in front attacks you while others in the rear
Buzz about to irritate, or nibble on yer ear,
The score is set, they win hands down, that no one can deny
So just forget about the match and let’s eat humble pie -
‘Cos I’ll tell you who’ll win the cup with legs that can’t half run,
It’ll be the insects when all is said and done.
Luv doris, the new age guru x
www.dorisandfriends.com / email: doristlc@hotmail.com

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?